Leestown Middle School Orchestra
The Distinguished Orchestra at Leestown
* Wow! October Concert at UK Singeltary Center was fabulous! Way to go, Chargers! Thank you, Beaumont and Dunbar!
*August 2013-Breaking News: LMS has been certified as a KMEA Gold Level Orchestra Program of Excellence! This is the the fourth year in a row. Congratulations Chargers!
8th Graders looking forward to KMEA Festival in March 2014!
Orchestra is the MOST successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 8: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- October 29: Middle School Invitational Concert with Dunbar Orchestra at UK Singletary Center For the Arts - 6:30 PM.
- November 9: Tri-State Honors Orchestra, Morehead State University
- November 23: Dunbar High School - Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 10: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- March 11: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 19 & 20: UK Singletary Center For the Arts - KMEA Orchestra
- March 25: MS Honors Orchestra Auditions - E.J. Hayes M.S.
- April 10, 18, 19: M.S. Honors Orchestra - Bryan Station H.S.
- April 24: Sixth Grade String Day - UK Student Center
- April 29: 6:30 PM Spring Concert – Leestown Gym
- Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Tentative Date is Saturday, May 24
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Friday, November 01, 2013