Leestown Middle School Orchestra
KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival: A huge success!!
Congratulations to members of the Leestown Orchestra for participating in the 2016 KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival for Strings. The event was held at LTMS on Saturday, November 19th. During the past seven weeks, students have practiced at home and after school for this event. The students performed solos, duets, and quartets for a judge. Each judge evaluated their various elements of musicianship and performance technique. Playing in front of a judge is a character building moment for many students. Sixty-four (64) orchestra students from Leestown Middle School performed on Saturday. This was highest number of participants from any school (high school or middle school) in District 7. All of our students received Proficient and Distinguished ratings. Please congratulate our students on their musical accomplishments. We are so happy for you! Way to go, Chargers!
October Concert was fantastic!
Location: Gym at Leestown Middle School - When: Tuesday, October 18th
A big Welcome to all the new Leestown Middle School Orchestra members and families! Thanks for cheering for us so loudly at the concert. We really appreciate it. Also, congrats to the Leestown Orchestra for receiving the 2016 Gold Level in the KMEA Orchestra Program of Excellence! Way to go, Chargers!
*Special big thanks to Madison Jones for her excellent assistance with the 8th Grade Class. You are very wonderful with our students!
*Special big thanks to Miss Litha Rodgers for her excellent assistance with the 7th Grade Class. We are very happy to have you back at LMS!
* Also! A big shout out to all the parents that volunteered to help with the concert this evening! You are wonderful!
* Orchestra is a very successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 18, 2016: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- Optional: November 19, 2016: LTMS – KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 8, 2016: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- Optional: District 7 Honors Orchestra Auditions; Mar. 11, 2017 (Event: Apr. 21-22)
- March 9, 2017: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 21 & 22, 2017: Norsworthy Auditorium, 701 E. Main St. – KMEA Assessment
- May 3, 2017: 6:30 PM, Spring Concert and Awards – Leestown Gym
- Optional: Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Saturday, May 20th. To be eligible for the trip, students must attend all required concerts, have a “B” average, and have exceptional behavior during the school year.
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Monday, November 21, 2016