Leestown Middle School Orchestra
The Gold-Level Leestown Orchestra
These students represented LMS at Honors Orchestra on Saturday, April 16th.
It was a fantastic event and a beautiful day. They sounded awesome! Way to go, Chargers!!!!
* * *
The KMEA Assessment for Strings March 16th and 17th was fantastic! We recorded the event so that we can review the performance and continue learning.
6th Grade Performance and Sightreading Assessment was rated All-Distinguished!
7th Grade Performance and Sightreading Assessment was rated All-Distinguished!
8th Grade Performance and Sightreading Assessment was rated Distinguished!
Kentucky Music Educators Association Festival for Orchestras was held at the UK Singletary Center for the Arts in Lexington.
*This was the first year that the 7th Graders have played as a single group and they were successful!! Way to Go 7th Grade Chargers! Many thanks! Mr. Wilson
* * *
District 7 KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival for Strings
Congratulations to the members of our Gold-Level Leestown Orchestra who participated Saturday, Nov. 21st, in the District 7 KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival for Strings. Middle and high school orchestra and guitar students performed solos, duets, trios, quartets, and more for a single judge. The students were rated as either Distinguished, Proficient, or Apprentice. We had the second largest number of participants behind Dunbar High School.
Chargers received 43 DISTINGUISHED ratings and 12 PROFICIENT ratings! Congratulations to our students and to Mr. Wilson, their very dedicated teacher!
New Date for Winter Concert: Thursday, December 17th, 2015: 6:30: Leestown Gym.
On Thursday, October 8th, the Leestown Orchestra played to a packed house. Parents and students came out to support the Leestown Orchestra. Great job Mr. Wilson! Gold Level!
News: Congratulations, Gold Level Orchestra!! The Kentucky Music Educators Association has designated The Leestown Orchestra as a Gold Level Orchestra in the Program of Excellence for the year 2014-2015!
News: Record High Enrollment for 2015-16 Leestown Orchestra: 123 total students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes!
*Superior Rating at Music in the Parks
The Leestown Middle School Orchestra was rated Superior at the Music in the Parks Music Festival at Loveland High School in Southern, Ohio on Saturday May 23. Our group was ranked 4th out of 24 choral, band, and orchestra ensembles. At the culmination of the awards show, Mr. Wilson was presented with The Director's Award.
* Orchestra is a very successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 8, 2015: 6:30 Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- November 21, 2015: LTMS - Solo and Ensemble Festival
- New Date: December 17, 2015: 6:30: Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- Optional: Fayette County Honors Orchestra Auditions; March ??? 2016
- March 8, 2016: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 16 & 17, 2016: UK Singletary Center For the Arts - KMEA Orchestra Festival
- May 5, 2016: 6:30 PM Spring Concert – Leestown Gym
- Optional: Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Saturday, May 28th
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Monday, April 25, 2016