Leestown Middle School Orchestra
Fall Picnic in the Park
Location: Masterson Station Park, Shelter #4, Lexington, KY.
* When: Saturday, October 8th from 11:00 a.m. - 2 p.m. Lunch at noon.
Welcome Leestown Middle School Orchestra members and families!
- You are invited to a picnic and potluck! It’s a great location with a picnic shelter, playground, rest rooms, and plenty of room to run. Please plan to bring a side dish or dessert to share.
* Fried chicken, drinks, plates, forks, spoons, and napkins will be provided.
* Volunteers are needed on picnic day for clean-up.
Please RSVP: by calling 381-3181 x41150, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Orchestra is a very successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 18, 2016: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- Optional: November 19, 2016: LTMS – KMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 8, 2016: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- Optional: District 7 Honors Orchestra Auditions; Mar. 11, 2017 (Event: Apr. 21-22)
- March 9, 2017: 6:30 PM, Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 21 & 22, 2017: Norsworthy Auditorium, 701 E. Main St. – KMEA Assessment
- May 3, 2017: 6:30 PM, Spring Concert and Awards – Leestown Gym
- Optional: Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Saturday, May 20th. To be eligible for the trip, students must attend all required concerts, have a “B” average, and have exceptional behavior during the school year.
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Thursday, September 29, 2016