Leestown Middle School Orchestra
The Distinguished Orchestra at Leestown
*LMS Orchestra Receives Superior Rating and Espris de Corp Award Kings Island
The Leestown Middle School Orchestra was rated Superior at the Music in the Parks Music Festival at Loveland High School in Southern, Ohio on Saturday May 24. Our group was ranked 4th out of 24 choral, band, and orchestra ensembles. At the culmination of the awards show, the Leestown orchestra was also awarded the Esprit de Corps. This award was presented to students from a school who demonstrated proper social behavior as well as musical behavior/encouragement. They possess the qualities of highly successful people who are sensitive to the feelings of others and applaud accomplishments no matter if by one’s own school or another school. Leestown was the only school at the festival receiving this award. Congratulations to our students and to Mr. Wilson, their director.
* KMEA Distinguished Ratings for ALL! Three years in a row for the 8th Graders! Distinguished Ratings for 7th and 6th graders as well. Way to go, Chargers!!
* Leestown Orchestra visits Cardinal Valley Elementary School: This was the best school show ever in our history. The audience was fantastic and the orchestra played wonderfully!
* December School Concerts were fantastic! The concert at Leestown was fabulous. The Charger hair bows are a nice accent to our "concert look".
* Solo and Ensemble Festival at Dunbar is a great success! All LMS students were rated Distinguished or Proficient!
* Wow! October Concert at UK Singeltary Center was fabulous! Way to go, Chargers! Thank you, Beaumont and Dunbar!
*August 2013-Breaking News: LMS has been certified as a KMEA Gold Level Orchestra Program of Excellence! This is the fourth year in a row. Congratulations Chargers!
Orchestra is the MOST successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 8: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- October 29: Middle School Invitational Concert with Dunbar Orchestra at UK Singletary Center For the Arts - 6:30 PM.
- November 9: Tri-State Honors Orchestra, Morehead State University
- November 23: Dunbar High School - Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 10: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- March 11: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 19 & 20: UK Singletary Center For the Arts - KMEA Orchestra Festival
- March 25: MS Honors Orchestra Auditions - E.J. Hayes M.S.
- April 10, 18, 19: M.S. Honors Orchestra - Bryan Station H.S.
- April 24: Sixth Grade String Day - UK Student Center
- April 29: 6:30 PM Spring Concert – Leestown Gym
- Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Tentative Date is Saturday, May 24
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Thursday, May 29, 2014