Leestown Middle School Orchestra
* Congratulations, Gold Level Orchestra!!
The Kentucky Music Educators Association has designated The Leestown Orchestra as a Gold Level Orchestra in the Program of Excellence for the year 2014-2015!
*New Record High Enrollment for 2014-15 Leestown Orchestra: 121 total students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes!
*Superior Rating at Music in the Parks
The Leestown Middle School Orchestra was rated Superior at the Music in the Parks Music Festival at Loveland High School in Southern, Ohio on Saturday May 23. Our group was ranked 4th out of 24 choral, band, and orchestra ensembles. At the culmination of the awards show, Mr. Wilson was presented with The Director's Award.
* Orchestra is a very successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 8, 2015: 6:30 Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- November 21, 2015: LTMS - Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 8, 2015: 6:30: Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- Optional: Fayette County Honors Orchestra Auditions; March ??? 2016
- March 8, 2016: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 16 & 17, 2016: UK Singletary Center For the Arts - KMEA Orchestra Festival
- May 5, 2016: 6:30 PM Spring Concert – Leestown Gym
- Optional: Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Tentative Date Saturday, May 21st
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Friday, August 28, 2015