Leestown Middle School Orchestra
The Distinguished Orchestra at Leestown
*New Record High Enrollment for 2014-15 Leestown Orchestra: 115 total students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes!
*LMS Orchestra earns 2014 Superior Rating and Receives Espris de Corp Award Kings Island
The Leestown Middle School Orchestra was rated Superior at the Music in the Parks Music Festival at Loveland High School in Southern, Ohio on Saturday May 24. Our group was ranked 4th out of 24 choral, band, and orchestra ensembles. At the culmination of the awards show, the Leestown orchestra was also awarded the Esprit de Corps. This award was presented to students from a school who demonstrated proper social behavior as well as musical behavior/encouragement. They possess the qualities of highly successful people who are sensitive to the feelings of others and applaud accomplishments no matter if by one’s own school or another school. Leestown was the only school at the festival receiving this award. Congratulations to our students and to Mr. Wilson, their director.
* Orchestra is the MOST successful and rewarding class at Leestown Middle School. We are a KMEA Gold Level Program of Excellence, KMEA Distinguished Rated Ensemble, and Music in the Parks Award Winner. Orchestra members will learn how to play an instrument, read music, make new friends, and learn life skills.
In addition to classroom rehearsals, the orchestra will present several performances this year. These performances are required (graded) events. Dress for our performances is a white collared shirt and black pants/skirt. Boy’s shirts need to be tucked in. Please do not feel you need to purchase expensive clothes for these concerts; these clothing items are available at discount clothing stores. We are looking forward to another spectacular year of great music at LMS!
For more information, contact Mr. Nathan Wilson, Director at 859-381-3181 x.41150.
- October 23, 2014: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym - Fall Concert
- November 8, 2014: Tri-State Honors Orchestra, Morehead State University
- November 22, 2014: Dunbar High School - Solo and Ensemble Festival
- December 11, 2014: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – Winter Concert
- Fayette County Honors Orchestra Auditions; March 7, 2015
- March 10, 2015: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym – KMEA Preview Concert
- March 16 & 17, 2015: UK Singletary Center For the Arts - KMEA Orchestra Festival
- May 7, 2014: 6:30 PM Leestown Gym - Spring Concert
- Music in the Parks Festival - Kings Island: Tentative Date is Saturday, May 23rd
- Fayette County Honors Orchestra: April 17-18, 2015
About this page
- Author: Nathan Wilson
- Updated: Thursday, August 28, 2014